- Study with Neil online for an MSc in Advanced Practice!
Watch Neil being interviewed about the course by clicking here
- Neil Thompson’s Lesson for Living – Celebrate getting older
We live in a society that seems to value youth (although not necessarily young people!). A fortune is spent on various ways of trying to make us look and feel younger. Whether or not that is money well spent is […]
- Overcoming deprivation and disconnection in UK cities
The poorest areas of towns and cities do not always benefit from economic growth. They can remain disconnected from the prosperity experienced by residents of wealthier neighbourhoods in the same region. This research looks at these issues from the perspective […]
- Photographer combats gender stereotypes with the idea that ‘boys can, too’
It started when my son was only a few months old. I had taken him downtown with me, for my weekly therapy session with the social worker I was seeing for postpartum depression counseling. There was a chill in the […]
- Stress in public services: How do you unwind?
So answered a staff nurse, one of the 3,700 public and voluntary sector workers who responded to a Guardian survey on wellbeing in the workplace, when answering the question: when you feel stressed, what do you do to relax? From […]
- These amazing animations show what being LGBT in the workplace is like
A series of animations has been created to illustrate what it is like to be LGBT in the workplace today in the UK. Until legislation was changed in 2003, it was legal in the UK to be fire an employee […]