- Spotlight – Half-price DVD sale ends 28th February!
Click here to see the full range of our DVDs. Contact us before the end of the month and you will be able to get the DVD(s) of your choice at half price! Act now before it is too late!
- Neil Thompson’s Lesson for Living – Don’t believe everything you read
I will be very happy if we ever reach a time when people are no longer naïve enough to say: ‘It must be true, I read it in the newspaper’, but I am not holding my breath. While complete falsehoods […]
- Using a time diary to stay on top of your workload
On average, social workers work for 9.5 hours a day, despite being paid for only 7.5 hours, research from Community Care and Unison showed in 2017. Lack of time is a huge issue in social work. A climate of austerity, fewer resources […]
- How to support transgender employees
The 2010 Equality Act states that employers have a legal obligation to ensure their staff are not being discriminated against – over age, race, sexuality, gender or gender identity. Despite this, many companies treat transgender people as a disruptive influence […]
- We invited children into our care home to tell stories. The results were amazing
When I was a child and got scared of something or couldn’t sleep, my granny and great aunt used to tell me stories. Their words magically carried me away from my fear and worry and allowed me to explore new […]
- Helping employers support their working carers
There are over five million informal carers in the UK and their number has increased 16.5% since 2001. The economic value of their contribution, calculated from the cost per hour of providing homecare to an adult, is £132 billion a […]