- Study with Neil online for an MSc in Advanced Practice!
Watch Neil being interviewed about the course by clicking here
- Neil Thompson’s Lesson for Living – Slow down
Life can happen in a blur if we let it. Doing things quickly can easily become the norm, adding extra – generally unnecessary – pressure to our already fairly pressurised lives. As is so often the case with life’s challenges, […]
- What can the UK learn from how Finland solved homelessness?
A report by EU housing organisation Feantsa has found every country in the EU in the midst of a crisis of homelessness and housing exclusion – with one exception: Finland. So how has the country done it? By giving homeless […]
- The health workers that help patients stay at home
Every Monday morning, in a meeting room within earshot of the bells of Wakefield cathedral, a group of healthcare workers help to stage a mini-revolution. Nothing that you read in the next few minutes may strike you as particularly surprising. […]
- Millicent Fawcett to be first woman statue in Parliament Square
The suffragist Dame Millicent Fawcett is to be the first woman to be honoured with a statue in Parliament Square, the prime minister has announced. The equal rights campaigner who dedicated her life to getting the women’s vote, will stand […]
- Groundhog day: UK stuck in rut of high inequality
Official Households Below Average Income statistics show that thanks to modest income growth across the distribution, the Gini measure of income inequality before housing costs has increased only slightly from 34 per cent to 35 per cent. While it’s not […]