Five key wellbeing themes for 2021
The CIPD and Simplyhealth’s Health and Wellbeing at Work report has been sharing trends and insights into workplace wellbeing for more than two decades. Our latest report, surveying more than 650 UK organisations, examines key wellbeing themes – crucially, this year, through the lens of the pandemic.
For over a year now, employers have been dealing with the huge challenges presented by Covid-19. While employee wellbeing was already steadily rising up the corporate agenda, the last 12 months have really thrust it centre stage. With this in mind, we explore five of the most topical themes from this year’s findings:
1. More than two-fifths of businesses are ‘extremely concerned’ about the impact of the pandemic on employees’ mental health
2. Financial wellbeing receives the least attention from organisations
3. Unhealthy practices such as presenteeism and leavism are on the rise
4. Almost three in five employees cite workload as a cause of stress
5. Proactive updates to benefit offerings are maximising employee support